The Triangle site was acquired by OCC in 1937 to maintain a green gap between Oxford and Kidlington. It is in Kidlington Parish, but the parish can’t stop OCC selling or leasing it to OUFC, and it can’t stop Cherwell District Council (CDC) from approving planning permission.
The Triangle site’s current tenant, a local fencing company, manages it as a biodiverse willow coppice for its environmentally-sustainable fencing products.
It is the last bit of Green Belt between Oxford & Kidlington.
It should NEVER become a commercial development site.